GPS Mapping Studio Introduction
The Eye4Software GPS Mapping Studio, is a professional GPS/GIS mapping software tool, which can be used in numereous applications.
You can use the software to import- and export, convert, view and edit more then 85 types of map and GPS file formats.
When connected to a GPS device, you can also record all your movements to a log file.
The software will work with almost any (NMEA0183 compatible) GPS receiver, and can be used on any desktop, laptop or netbook computer running Windows XP SP2 or higher.
Some application examples:
- Add comments, symbols, tracks, waypoints, photos or routes to your maps;
- Transfer GPS data like tracks, waypoints and routes, from or to your Garmin GPS device;
- View GIS features of vector data;
- View maps containing elevation or depth data;
- Edit waypoints, tracks and routes;
- Show your current position on a map;
- Convert GPS data between different file formats;
- Convert vector maps to AutoCAD DXF, Keyhole Markup Language, ESRI Shape, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, ARC Generate or Atlas BNA format;
- Convert raster / elevation maps between different formats, like Surfer Grid, Idrisi Raster, ARC/INFO, XYZ and BIL/BIP/BSQ formats;
- Convert vector maps from one map projection to another.
- Perform realtime positioning on vessels, cars, trucks and construction vehicles;
- Record your current position and movements, for instance to get hold of the covered area or track;
- Load previously recorded track-and-trace data for further analysis;
- And many more...
GPS Mapping Studio Screenshots
|Display gridded elevation data like SRTM height data
||Rendering of vectormaps using user defined rules
||Load USGS Digital Line Graphs
(DLG-O and DLG-3)
|Import satellite images using a world file or ground control points (GCP's)||
|Realtime position display and tracking on OpenStreetMap vectormaps.
||Use the software on vessels using BSB nautical maps.
||Plot (downloaded) tracks and routes on your topographic maps.
||Use CAD, GIS and vectormaps like AutoCad DXF.||
GPS Mapping Studio Features
The software can communicate with almost any GPS device to retrieve your current position and show it on one of the supported raster or vector maps.
Supported protocols include NMEA0183 and Garmin PVT protocol. It is possible to record your movements, along with heading, height and speed information to a GPS track.
When a map is loaded, you can also calculate distance and course, add symbols, lines, boundaries and comments to your map and save and / or print them.
Supported Map Formats
The software supports a wide variaty of vector, raster, elevation and GPS file formats including:
- ACE2 Binary Grid files;
- Arc/Info ASCII Grid files;
- Arc/Info Binary Coverage files;
- Arc/Info Binary Grid files;
- Arc/Info Export files (E00);
- Arc/Info Generate files;
- Atlas BNA Boundary files;
- AutoCad DXF Drawing files;
- BSB nautical map files;
- Digital Terrain Elevation Data files (DTED);
- ESRI Shape files (SHP);
- Extended Triton Format files (XTF);
- Garmin Database files (GDB);
- Geodas98 Binary Grid files;
- GeoJSON map files;
- GeoRSS map files;
- GeoTIFF / TIFF files;
- GPS Exchange files (GPX);
- Graphical Interchange Format files (GIF);
- Idrisi Vector files (VCT);
- Idrisi Raster files (RST);
- JPEG Image files;
- Keyhole Markup Language files (KML);
- MapInfo MIF/MID files;
- MapInfo TAB files;
- Microsoft Windows Bitmap files (BMP);
- Microstation ISFF Design files (DGN);
- OpenStreetMap XML Export files (OSM);
- OziExplorer map files (MAP, OZF2 and OZFX3);
- Portable Network Graphics files (PNG);
- Raw Binary Grid files (BIL/BSQ/BIP);
- GTOPO30 Binary Grid files (DEM);
- S57 Electronic Nautical Chart files;
- Shuttle Radar Topology Mission files (SRTM);
- Surfer Grid files (GRD);
- USGS Digital Line Graph files (DLG-3);
- USGS Digital Line Graph files (DLG-O);
- VPF Binary Terrain Grid files (BT);
Import and Export formats
Overlay data, such as comments, waypoints, route and track data can be imported from or exported to different file formats.
File formats supported include Topographix GPX GPS Exchange Files, Garmin Database, Maptech and OziExplorer MAP, PLT, WPT and RTE Files.
You can export both manually added data as well as all data stored on your GPS device.
To display a part of the globe (ellips or sphere) on a display(plane), a map projection is needed to prevent distortion of the map data.
The software is shipped with a database containing over 3500 predefined map projections. You can also delete, modify and add new definitions.
Map projections supported by this software include:
- Transverse Mercator;
- Oblique Mercator;
- Oblique Stereographic;
- Polar Stereographic;
- Albers Equal Area Conic;
- Lambert Conformal Conic;
- Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area;
- Eckert IV;
- Eckert VI;
- Cylindrical Equal Area.
Some other tools and features the software offers:
- Map calibration tool, to georeference GIF, PNG, BMP, JPG or TIF images;
- Great circle calculations to perform distance and bearing calculations from point to point;
- Area calculation;
- Convert 3D vector data into gridded elevation data;
- Build in feature and attribute editor;
- Built in waypoint editor;
- Built in route editor;
- Built in track editor;
- Calculate track and route distances (both leg and accumulated distance);
- Dataview to display all information retrieved from the GPS device;
- Display your position on the map realtime;
- Support for NTv2, NADCON and HARN/HPGN correction grids;
- Track playback tool;
- Import data to or from ASCII;
- Import elevation data from ASCII or binary XYZ files;
- Unit Converter;
- Colormap editor, change colors in a raster map;
- Alarms for speed and GPS accuracy;
To receive realtime GPS information, you need a NMEA-0183 compatible (D)GPS device (most GPS devices around support the NMEA-0183 protocol) attached to your computer using an USB, Bluetooth or RS232 serial connection, or a Garmin GPS device connected directly to the computer using its USB interface.
A 30-day trial version can be downloaded free of charge from the downloads page.
Pricing, licensing and ordering
Pricing, licensing and ordering information can be found on our sales page.